Monday, March 26, 2012

Thugs at New Zealand skateparks

This is totally off-topic, but I saw this and it made me really angry. I used to love skateboarding when I was a kid, and the thought of grown adults shoulder-charging young kids off skateboards is just disgusting.

 
Today At Vic Park from NZskate.com on Vimeo.

In other news, I've been playing with the source code to BIRD to see if I can put in some hooks to make it work with NOX. It has a set of OS-specific "kernel" modules which install routes into the OS routing tables, so it shouldn't be hard to make a NOX version of this.

Another option would be to monitor the MRT dump file, or point it at a named pipe - then get NOX to use that to pick up updates.

One thing that Nick Buraglio pointed out was that BIRD is in need of an IS-IS implementation. IPv6 has been a good excuse to move from OSPF to IS-IS because it all runs in one instance - not requiring OSPFv2 and v3 instances for IPv4 and IPv6. Time will tell if there's still a place for decentralised IGP's in an OpenFlow world, but if we're going to see an influx of software routers, then IS-IS will definitely be added in the next year or two. (edit - somebody's beaten me to add this to quagga http://code.google.com/p/google-quagga/)

More details once I get BIRD talking to NOX though!

No comments:

Post a Comment